First impressions count. That’s why your yard needs to be inviting. Trim back the bushes and trees, especially if they block views from the windows and make your home difficult to see from the street.
- Keep the lawn mowed, preferably on the diagonal.
- Plant yellow flowers such as marigolds along the walk or by the front door. The color yellow sells.
- Wash the exterior windows.
- Paint or replace the front door and buy new hardware if its scratched/tarnished.
- Power spray the house to get rid of dirt and cobwebs.
- Buy a new welcome mat for the front steps.
- Paint or replace the mailbox.
- Paint your house number on the curb or buy a plaque displaying your house number and install near the entry.
- Wash or replace a front porch light fixture.
- After dusk, keep porch and flood lights on until 8 or 9pm for drive-by interest.
Get ready for showings!
To search Middle-Tennessee homes, www.MusicCityNow.com